17. Februar 2018 - 18:00 bis 21:00
Teilen Sie es auf:

****** Monologues 2018 - Bangalore Women Speak Out. | Lahe Lahe | Samstag, 17. Februar 2018

The She Stands Tall Project presents it's 1st production and staging of Eve Ensler's ****** MONOLOGUES in celebration of its 2nd Anniversary at Lahe Lahe on 17th February, 2018.

SUPPORTING A LOCAL CAUSE
100% of the proceeds will go towards cause - 90% of the proceeds will support Bangalore-based NGO DURGA. The remaining 10% go to the V-Day Organization, to support their global efforts to end violence against women and girls. We hope you’ll support the performance and its beneficiaries this year.

WHAT IS "THE ****** MONOLOGUE"?
The ****** Monologues is an episodic play written by Eve Ensler - made up of various personal monologues. The play delves into consensual and nonconsensual sexual experiences, body image, genital mutilation, direct and indirect encounters with reproduction, *** work, and several other topics through the eyes of women with various ages, races, sexualities, and other differences.

WHAT IS STAGING OF VM?
In the staging of The ****** Monologue, these personal monologues will be read by a diverse group of women from the local community. Originally, Eve Ensler performed every monologue herself, with subsequent performances featuring three actresses, and more recent versions featuring a different actress for every role. Each of the monologues deals with an aspect of the feminine experience, touching on matters such as ***, *** work, body image, love, rape, menstruation, female genital mutilation, masturbation, birth, ******, the various common names for the ****** or simply as a physical aspect of the body. A recurring theme throughout the piece is the ****** as a tool of female empowerment, and the ultimate embodiment of individuality.

ABOUT SHE STANDS TALL PROJECT
She Stands Tall Project is a social enterprise whose mission to create safe sacred open spaces that support women to own and live their POWER in the world, and in doing so become Catalysts of Transformative Change within their own lives, their families, communities and the world. shestandstall.com

For more information,
+91-9972490513